5 Basic Principles Of Animation
Animation is a process or a technique by which a set of images is made to look in a motion. It is used in many spheres of life and has become an indispensable part of our daily routine. From movies to educational courses, it is present everywhere. One has to be certified in order to animate things. It is not an easy task or process. There are some basic concepts or principles which should be followed to make good animation. These are as follows:
1) Squash and stretch: According to this principle, when a ball is dropped on the floor, the ball looks stretched when it is falling and seems to be squashed when it hits the ground. This proves that when one exaggerates an object in motion, the weight and volume factor comes into effect.
2) Staging: It is another important factor which is essential for the success of animation. It is like a stage in a theatre. People are the target audiences for whom any animation is made. You have to present a scene or a character in a way that it catches the attention of the people watching it. For example, if a scene is about the hero coming on a horse with the robbers chasing him in the background, the scene should be made in such a way that the attention of the people is on the hero, rather than on the robbers. For this, the character should be kept properly in a frame and various lights and shadows should be used.
3) Straight Ahead Action and Pose to Pose: Straight Ahead Action is a technique used for drawing each pose one after the other to make the flow of animation smoother. Pose to Pose is a method of planning key frames beforehand and then joining them later. They are both equally important as they make the animation look more realistic in the eyes of the viewers.
4) Slow in and Slow Out: every human body or anyone accelerates steadily. It is that technique which is used to depict acceleration realistically.
5) Secondary Action: It is one of the most important factor which can ruin the animation if not taken care of. Every living thing has a secondary action like blinking of eyes, movement of hands, etc. It is used to make these actions look secondary in comparison to the primary action of a person.
These are some of the principles of animation out of the 12 as given by the old stalwarts of the Walt Disney Studios. If you also want to be an animator, then you should choose Hi Tech Animation Kolkata, as it is the best place for learning animation courses. It has the best teaching staffs along with a brilliant placement record.